International SINERGY Conference on Smart and Innovative eNERGY management, September 2023
The European electricity system undergoes significant changes driven by the EU common rules for the internal market for electricity, as well as by the climate action agenda. With solar and wind power on the rise, grid operators need new equipment to make the whole power system operate flexibly. Hence novel sensors, advanced data exchange infrastructures, and data handling capabilities that make use of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, 5G and distributed ledger technologies are needed to enhance forecasting, allow the remote monitoring and management of distributed generation and improve asset optimisation. Smart Energy Management refers to a variety of novel concepts and technologies, serving at both energy generation and consumption side, such as energy efficiency, demand management, Smart Grid, micro-grids, renewable energy sources (RES), and other emerging solutions. It represents one of the fastest developing fields, according to the EU priorities, while, at the same time, it remains somewhat neglected in the South-eastern Europe countries.
The SINERGY International Conference on Smart Energy Management technologies will be held in Belgrade, Serbia end of September 2023.
Specific topics covered by the conference program include, but are not limited to:
- Smart grid technologies for power generation, transmission and distribution systems, and energy conversion and storage devices; Smart grid communication and information technologies; Distributed generation and micro-grid; Physical, cyber and system security for smart grid; Multi-agent distributed energy optimization; Demand response management; Energy Efficiency User Benchmarking;
- Renewable Energy (wind power, hydropower, solar energy, biomass, biofuel, geothermal energy, wave energy, tidal energy, hydrogen and fuel cells, energy storage); Energy-related forecasting;
- Energy-efficient operations (modeling and simulation, learning, optimization, and control) in buildings environments; Applications in smart and connected communities; Emerging standards for data collection, energy control, or interoperability of disparate devices or systems; Building automation system metadata models and inference techniques; Improved user interfaces to built infrastructure; Human in the loop sensing and control for efficient building energy systems; Enhancing energy efficiency, energy reliability, durability and comfort via Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet of Things;
- Big Data, Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms for digital ecosystems (energy data spaces, governance mechanisms).
- 31.3.2023 Abstract submission, please proceed to this link
- 31.05.2023 Notification of Abstract acceptance
- 31.07.2023 Extended Abstract Camera-Ready submission (3-4 pages)
Book of Extended Abstracts will be ready by end of September 2023.